This Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule is exceptionally easy to make because it only requires a few simple ingredients that are readily available at most grocery stores. Additionally, there are no complicated steps involved in making the drink. Simply combine the ingredients, stir, and garnish—it’s that easy!
why you’ll love this recipe
- Minimal ingredients: You only need 5-7 ingredients, depending on whether you make the alcoholic or non-alcoholic version.
- No cooking required: Everything is combined and served cold, eliminating the need for any heat.
- Simple preparation: The only preparation required is slicing the persimmon and removing the pomegranate seeds, both quick and easy tasks.
- Fast assembly: Combining the ingredients and garnishing takes just minutes.
- Easy to whip up this delicious cocktail in 5 minutes.
- This Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule is ideal for the holidays!
- Festive flavors: The sweet and earthy persimmon and tart pomegranate flavors are reminiscent of the holiday season.
- Beautiful presentation: The vibrant colors of the pomegranate seeds and persimmon slice add a festive touch to any gathering.
- Refreshing and bubbly: This light and bubbly drink is perfect for any holiday celebration.
- Warm or cold: You can enjoy it chilled for a refreshing summer drink or warmed with mulling spices for a cozy winter cocktail.
- Unique flavor combination: The persimmon adds a sweet and earthy depth, while the pomegranate provides a bright and tangy contrast.
- Visually appealing: The vibrant colors of the pomegranate and persimmon make this drink visually stunning.
- Conversation starter: The unusual flavor combination is sure to spark conversation and intrigue your guests.
- Light and refreshing: This twist on the Moscow Mule is a lighter and more refreshing option for those who don’t prefer strong, heavy drinks.
- Simply omit the vodka: Replace the vodka with equal parts sparkling water or club soda for a bubbly, non-alcoholic version.
- Maintain the delicious flavors: You’ll still enjoy the delightful combination of persimmon, pomegranate, and ginger beer.
- Perfect for everyone: This Persimmon and Pomegranate mocktail version is ideal for those who don’t drink alcohol, pregnant women, or designated drivers.
ingredients & substitutions
Persimmon juice forms the base of this Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule, providing a sweet and earthy foundation for the other flavors. The sweetness of the persimmon juice balances the tartness of the pomegranate and the ginger beer, creating a well-rounded and harmonious flavor profile. If persimmon juice is unavailable, you can substitute it with equal parts apple juice or pear juice. These substitutes offer a similar sweetness and subtle earthiness, although they may not perfectly match the unique flavor of persimmon.
Ginger beer adds a satisfying fizz and a spicy ginger kick to this cocktail. It plays a crucial role in balancing the sweetness of the persimmon and pomegranate, offering a refreshing contrast and cleansing the palate. If ginger beer is unavailable, you can substitute it with club soda for a less spicy but still bubbly option. However, keep in mind that club soda will not provide the same warmth and depth of flavor as ginger beer.
Vodka adds a touch of alcohol and a warming effect to this cocktail, making it more suitable for adults. It complements the flavors of the other ingredients without overpowering them. If you prefer a non-alcoholic option, simply omit the vodka. The remaining ingredients will still create a delicious and refreshing drink.
Pomegranate Ice Cubes
Pomegranate ice cubes serve two purposes in this Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule. Not only do they add a beautiful and festive touch with their vibrant color, but they also slowly infuse the drink with a subtle pomegranate flavor as they melt. If you don’t have pomegranate ice cubes, simply use regular ice cubes and add a few pomegranate arils (seeds) to the drink for a similar effect.
taste & texture
This Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule is a sweet and refreshing drink with a touch of spice. The persimmon juice gives it a sweet and earthy flavor, while the pomegranate adds a tartness. The ginger beer gives it a refreshing fizz and a spicy kick. The overall texture is smooth and bubbly.
Chill your copper mug: Place your copper mug in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, or until well-chilled.
Prepare the garnishes: Slice a fresh persimmon and hull the pomegranate seeds.
Assemble the drink: Fill the chilled copper mug with pomegranate ice cubes. Add persimmon juice, vodka (optional), and ginger beer. Stir gently to combine.
Garnish and serve: Garnish with a fresh persimmon slice, pomegranate seeds, and a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy!
expert tips & tricks
- For an extra flavor boost, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- If you don’t have pomegranate ice cubes, simply use regular ice cubes and add a few pomegranate arils to the drink for color and flavor.
- To make this a mocktail, simply omit the vodka.
- If you plan to make multiple drinks, prepare all ingredients beforehand and assemble them individually for each serving.
- You can adjust the sweetness to your taste by adding more or less persimmon juice or simple syrup.
- For a stronger ginger flavor, use a ginger beer with a higher ginger content.
- If you’re not using the drink immediately, store the assembled cocktail in the refrigerator for up to 1 hour. However, the ice will melt, diluting the drink slightly.
how to serve and store
Chill the mug: A chilled copper mug enhances the drinking experience by keeping the drink cold and refreshing. You can chill the mug in the freezer for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Garnish beautifully: The vibrant colors and textures of the garnishes are key to the drink’s visual appeal. Arrange the persimmon slice, pomegranate seeds, and rosemary sprig on top for an eye-catching presentation.
Serve immediately: Enjoy the Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule fresh for the best taste and texture. The ginger beer will lose its fizz over time, so it’s best to consume it soon after preparation.
Store unused ingredients separately: Leftover persimmon juice and ginger beer can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Keep them in airtight containers to prevent spoilage.
Pomegranate ice cubes: Store leftover pomegranate ice cubes in the freezer for up to a week. You can reuse them for future cocktails or mocktails.
Fresh garnishes: Leftover persimmon slices and pomegranate seeds can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. However, the rosemary sprig will lose its freshness quickly, so it’s best to use it immediately.
you may also like
Persimmon and Pomegranate Moscow Mule
- 1 ounce persimmon juice
- 7.5 ounces ginger beer
- 3 ounces vodka optional, omit for mocktail
- Pomegranate ice cubes
- Fresh persimmon slice
- Pomegranate seeds
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- Chill your copper mug: Place your copper mug in the freezer for at least 15 minutes, or until well-chilled.
- Prepare the garnishes: Slice a fresh persimmon and hull the pomegranate seeds.
- Assemble the drink: Fill the chilled copper mug with pomegranate ice cubes. Add persimmon juice, vodka (optional), and ginger beer. Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish and serve: Garnish with a fresh persimmon slice, pomegranate seeds, and a sprig of rosemary. Enjoy!