Are you looking for a delicious and healthy dinner idea that is also gluten-free and dairy-free? Look no further than this Dairy-Free White Chicken Chili recipe! This chili is packed with flavor and easy to make, making it the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. This dairy Free White Chicken Chili is made from peppers, green chilis, shredded chicken, corn, white beans, dairy free cream cheese and dairy free yogurt!
why you’ll love this recipe
With a creamy and tangy flavor, this chili is made with a blend of peppers, green chilis, tender shredded chicken, hearty white beans, and sweet corn. But what makes it extra special is the addition of dairy-free cream cheese and yogurt, which give it a rich and creamy texture without any dairy.
Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s also a one-pot meal, meaning less cleanup for you. Plus, it’s a great option for those with dietary restrictions, as it’s both gluten-free and dairy-free.
Get ready to cozy up with a bowl of this hearty and satisfying Dairy-Free White Chicken Chili that will warm you up from the inside out.
This chicken chili is the perfect healthy meal prep. It’s an easy recipe that is gluten free with a dairy free recipe option and a low fat recipe option. This recipe uses vegan cream cheese and vegan yogurt.
This dairy-Free White Chicken Chili is a savory and delicious dish that is perfect for any night of the week. The combination of peppers, green chilis, shredded chicken, corn, white beans, dairy-free cream cheese, and yogurt make for a hearty and satisfying meal that is both gluten-free and dairy-free. So why not try this recipe out for your next dinner and enjoy a flavorful, healthy and satisfying meal!
ingredients & substitutions
Peppers and green chilis
Peppers and green chilis are a classic combination that give this chili a slightly spicy kick without being overpowering. They also add a depth of flavor to the dish.
Shredded chicken is a great protein option for this recipe. It is easy to prepare and provides a satisfying texture to the chili.
White beans are a great addition to any chili recipe. They add a heartiness to the dish and are a good source of fiber and protein.
Corn provides a sweet and savory element to this chili. It pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the dairy-free cream cheese and yogurt.
Dairy-Free Cream Cheese and Yogurt
The dairy-free cream cheese and yogurt give this chili its rich and creamy texture without the use of dairy. They are a great substitute for traditional cream cheese and yogurt and are just as tasty.
taste & texture
Dairy-Free White Chicken Chili is a savory and flavorful dish that boasts a combination of mild and spicy flavors. The sweetness of the corn, the creaminess of the dairy-free cream cheese and yogurt, and the hearty texture of the white beans blend together beautifully to create a deliciously rich and satisfying meal.
The peppers and green chilis add a mild heat to the dish, while the shredded chicken provides a satisfying protein component. Overall, this chili has a creamy, tangy, and slightly spicy taste that is sure to please your taste buds. It’s a perfect balance of flavors that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
1. Add the peppers, onions, olive oil and garlic to a pot. Sauté for 5 minutes.
2. Add in the broth, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, chili powder and salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil than simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Strain beans in a colander. Set 1 cup of beans to the side. Take that 1 cup of beans add to blender along with 1/2 cup of broth, blend and add back into soup
4. Add chilies, cream cheese, yogurt and remaining beans and bring to a simmer.
5. Add in shredded chicken and the juice of a lime and bring back to a low simmer for 20 to 30 minutes
6. Serve with a lime, tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream, cheese and whatever other condiments you like.
expert tips & tricks
how to make this lower carb
Use cauliflower rice instead of serving with white rice or brown rice with this dairy free white chicken chili!
Low carb cauliflower rice is a healthy, nutritious, and low-carbohydrate alternative to traditional rice. Cauliflower rice is made by processing cauliflower florets into rice-sized pieces using a food processor, a box grater, or a knife.
One of the biggest benefits of cauliflower rice is that it is an excellent low-carb and low-calorie substitute for traditional rice. A cup of cooked white rice contains about 45 grams of carbohydrates, while a cup of cooked cauliflower rice has only about 5 grams of carbohydrates. This makes cauliflower rice a great option for people who are looking to reduce their carbohydrate intake and manage their blood sugar levels.
In addition to being low in carbohydrates, cauliflower rice is also a good source of fiber, vitamins C and K, and antioxidants. It is also gluten-free, making it a great option for people who are gluten intolerant or have celiac disease.
Cauliflower rice can be used in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries to salads to pilafs. It can also be flavored with different herbs and spices, such as garlic, onion, turmeric, and cumin, to add extra flavor and nutrition to your meals.
When it comes to cooking cauliflower rice, there are several different methods you can use. You can sauté it in a pan with some oil and your favorite herbs and spices, steam it in a microwave or on the stove, or bake it in the oven for a crispy texture.
how to make this vegan
Use Shredded jackfruit instead of shredded chicken!
Shredded jackfruit is a plant-based alternative to shredded meat that has gained popularity in recent years. Jackfruit is a tropical fruit that is native to Southeast Asia and has a meaty texture that makes it a great substitute for pulled pork or chicken.
One of the main benefits of shredded jackfruit is that it is a great option for vegetarians, vegans, or anyone looking to reduce their meat consumption. It is low in calories, fat, and cholesterol, and contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Additionally, it has a mild flavor that makes it easy to season and adapt to different dishes.
Shredded jackfruit can be used in a variety of dishes, from tacos and sandwiches to salads and bowls. It can be seasoned with different spices, such as chili powder, cumin, and paprika, to give it a smoky or spicy flavor. It can also be mixed with barbecue sauce, teriyaki sauce, or other sauces for a tangy or sweet taste.
how to serve & store
dairy Free White Chicken Chili
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup vegan or dairy free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup vegan or dairy free yogurt
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cans cannellini beans 1 can blended
- 3 cups shredded dairy free chicken
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Add the peppers, onions, olive oil and garlic to a pot. Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth, cumin, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, chili powder and salt/pepper to taste. Bring to a boil than simmer for 15 minutes.
- Strain beans in a colander. Set 1 cup of beans to the side. Take that 1 cup of beans add to blender along with 1/2 cup of broth, blend and add back into soup
- Add chilies, cream cheese, yogurt and remaining beans and bring to a simmer.
- Add in shredded chicken and the juice of a lime and bring back to a low simmer for 20 to 30 minutes
- Serve with a lime, tortilla strips, avocado, sour cream, cheese and whatever other condiments you like