I love a creamy pasta but don’t need any of that dairy! This dairy free chicken pasta recipe is easy to make and has minimal ingredients. You can make it in 15 minutes or less by using pre-cooked grilled chicken. For this dairy free chicken pasta recipe you’ll need gluten-free pasta, vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce, vegan/dairy-free Parmesan cheese, and grilled chicken.
This dairy free chicken pasta recipe is easy to meal prep because you can cook the pasta and chicken ahead of time and then simply bake the dish when you’re ready to eat. You can also make a double batch and store it in the refrigerator for later.
It is gluten-free and dairy free. It can be made fat-free if you use a fat-free vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce and can be low carb if you use cauliflower or low carb pasta.
why you’ll love this recipe
- You can add spinach, kale, or other leafy greens to the dairy free chicken pasta mixture before baking. This makes it a healthy and nutritious meal.
- This recipe is a great option for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or healthy lunch.
- You only need 4 ingredients: gluten-free pasta, vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce, vegan/dairy-free Parmesan cheese, and grilled chicken.
- Easy to make: The dairy free chicken pasta is simple to follow and has minimal ingredients. It can be made in 15 minutes or less using pre-cooked grilled chicken.
- Healthy and nutritious: The recipe is packed with greens, such as spinach or kale, which are a good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The grilled chicken is also a good source of protein.
- Versatile: The dairy free chicken pasta recipe can be easily adapted to fit your dietary needs and preferences. For example, you can use different types of pasta, vegetables, and cheese. You can also make the recipe vegan by using vegan chicken and vegan cheese.
- Delicious: The combination of the pasta, alfredo sauce, chicken, and greens is simply delicious. The dish is flavorful and satisfying, without being too heavy.
ingredients & substitutions
Gluten-free pasta is used in this dairy free chicken pasta recipe to keep it gluten free. If you are not gluten free you can use any pasta you want. It is also a good option for people who are simply trying to reduce their gluten intake. Gluten-free pasta is available in a variety of shapes and sizes, so you can choose your favorite.
Vegan/Dairy-Free Alfredo Sauce
Vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce is used in this recipe to make it dairy-free and vegan-friendly. It is also a good option for people who are trying to reduce their fat intake, as vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce is typically lower in fat than regular alfredo sauce.
There are many different brands and types of vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce available. You can choose your favorite or make your own at home. If you are nut free make sure you are buying a sauce made without nuts.
Vegan/Dairy-Free Parmesan Cheese
Vegan/dairy-free Parmesan cheese is used in this dairy free chicken pasta to add a cheesy flavor without the dairy. It is also a good option for people who are trying to reduce their fat intake, as vegan/dairy-free Parmesan cheese is typically lower in fat than regular Parmesan cheese.
If you are not dairy free you can use any parmesan cheese you want.
Grilled chicken is used in this dairy free chicken pasta to add protein and flavor. It is also a good option for people who are trying to eat a healthy diet, as grilled chicken is a low-fat and low-calorie protein source.
You can use any type of grilled chicken for this recipe. You can grill your own chicken at home or purchase pre-cooked grilled chicken from the grocery store.
taste & texture
The overall taste and texture of the dairy free chicken pasta is similar to a traditional chicken alfredo pasta dish, but without the dairy. The chicken is cooked until tender and juicy. The alfredo sauce is made with vegan/dairy-free ingredients, but it still has a rich and creamy flavor.
Boil pasta. Cook for 3 minutes less than package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a casserole dish, combine the cooked pasta, grilled chicken, and alfredo sauce. Mix.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
expert tips & tricks
- For a richer flavor, use a full-fat vegan/dairy-free alfredo sauce.
- If you don’t have any vegan/dairy-free Parmesan cheese, you can use nutritional yeast instead.
- To make this dish even easier, use pre-cooked grilled chicken.
- Serve with your favorite side dishes, such as a salad, roasted vegetables, or crusty bread.
how to make this lower carb
To make the dairy free chicken pasta recipe low carb, you can use low carb pasta or spiralized vegetables instead of regular pasta.
how to make this low fat or healthier
To make the dairy free chicken pasta recipe low fat, you can use lean chicken breasts and low fat or fat-free Alfredo sauce. You can also omit the Parmesan cheese, or substitute it with a low fat or fat-free vegan cheese.
how to serve, store and meal prep
This dairy free chicken pasta can be served as a main course or a side dish. It is delicious on its own, but you can also serve it with a side salad, crusty bread, or garlic bread.
Storing in the fridge:
Leftover dairy free chicken pasta can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply place the pasta in an airtight container and refrigerate.
To reheat dairy free chicken pasta, you can microwave it on medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. You can also bake it in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
Storing in the freezer:
Dairy free chicken pasta can also be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, simply place the pasta in an airtight container or freezer bag. When you are ready to reheat, thaw the pasta overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat it according to the instructions above.
Meal prepping in individual portions:
To meal prep dairy free chicken pasta in individual portions, simply divide the pasta into individual containers or freezer bags. You can also add a side salad or other vegetables to each container or bag. When you are ready to eat, simply reheat the pasta according to the instructions above.
Preparing beforehand and storing in the fridge:
You can also prepare dairy free chicken pasta beforehand and store it in the fridge. To do this, simply cook the pasta and chicken according to the instructions in the recipe. Then, add the pasta and chicken to a casserole dish and pour over the Alfredo sauce. Top with the Parmesan cheese and cover the dish with foil. Store the dish in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
When you are ready to bake, simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and remove the foil from the dish. Bake the pasta for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
you may also like
Dairy Free Chicken Pasta (gluten free option)
- 1 cup grilled chicken diced
- 2 1/2 cups pasta gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups alfredo sauce vegan/dairy-free
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese vegan/dairy-free
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Boil pasta. Cook for 3 minutes less than package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a casserole dish, combine the cooked pasta, grilled chicken, and alfredo sauce. Mix.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!