why you’ll love this recipe
Eating your greens has never been more delicious than with this vegetarian Caesar salad recipe! Loaded with crunchy romaine lettuce, chopped gluten-free chicken tenders, and crispy sweet potato fries, this salad is the perfect meal for anyone looking for a healthy and satisfying lunch or dinner option.
What’s even better is that this salad is both gluten-free and dairy-free, making it a great option for anyone with dietary restrictions or preferences. Plus, if you’re looking for a low-fat option, you can easily substitute the parmesan cheese for a dairy-free or fat-free alternative, without sacrificing any of the delicious flavor.
Not only is this vegetarian Caesar salad packed with flavor, but it’s also loaded with nutrients. Romaine lettuce is an excellent source of vitamins A and K, while sweet potatoes are high in fiber and antioxidants.
ingredients & substitutions
The base of any good vegetarian Caesar salad is the lettuce, and romaine is an excellent choice. Not only is it crispy and flavorful, but it’s also loaded with nutrients. Romaine lettuce is an excellent source of vitamins A and K, both of which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and strong bones. It’s also high in fiber, which can help you feel full and satisfied for longer.
Sweet Potato Fries
Adding sweet potato fries to your vegetarian Caesar salad not only adds a delicious crunch but also boosts the nutritional value of the meal. Sweet potatoes are high in fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote healthy digestion. They’re also loaded with vitamins A and C, which are essential for maintaining healthy skin and immune function.
Parmesan Cheese (Dairy-Free or Fat-Free)
Parmesan cheese is a classic ingredient in vegetarian Caesar salad, but if you’re looking for a dairy-free or lower-fat option, there are plenty of alternatives available. Vegan parmesan cheese made from ingredients like nutritional yeast and cashews can provide the same savory, umami flavor without the dairy. Alternatively, you can use a fat-free or reduced-fat parmesan cheese to keep the calorie count low.
Caesar Salad Dressing (Dairy-Free or Lite)
No Caesar salad is complete without the dressing, and there are plenty of options available for anyone looking for a dairy-free or lighter version. Many brands offer dairy-free Caesar dressings made from ingredients like soy milk, nutritional yeast, and garlic. Alternatively, you can make your own dressing using a combination of Greek yogurt or vegan yogurt, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard for a lower-fat option.
taste & texture
This vegetarian Caesar salad is made with romaine lettuce, gluten-free chicken tenders, sweet potato fries, dairy-free or fat-free parmesan cheese, and light Caesar salad dressing. This salad is delicious, savory, and slightly sweet taste.
The romaine lettuce provides a crisp and refreshing base, while the gluten-free chicken tenders add a meaty and satisfying texture. The sweet potato fries add a slight sweetness and crunch to the salad, while the dairy-free or fat-free parmesan cheese provides a savory and umami flavor.
Finally, the light Caesar salad dressing ties all the flavors together, providing a tangy and slightly creamy taste. Overall, this vegetarian Caesar salad is a perfect balance of sweet, savory, and tangy flavors, making it a delicious and satisfying meal.
1. Bake or Air fry the chicken tenders and sweet potato fries until fully cooked and crispy.
2. Cut the chicken tenders into 1” cubes.
3. Add lettuce to the bowl. Top with chicken, fries, dressing and cheese.
expert tips & tricks
how to add protein to this
Add Gluten-Free Chicken Tenders to your vegetarian Caesar salad!
While traditional Caesar salads feature chicken as a protein source, you can still enjoy the same great flavor and texture with gluten-free chicken tenders. Made from ingredients like rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca starch, these tenders are a great option for anyone with gluten sensitivities or allergies. They’re also lower in calories and fat than traditional chicken tenders, making them a healthier choice.
how to make this with protein but healthier
Add grilled chicken to you vegetarian Caesar salad instead of chicken tenders!
Grilled chicken is a popular and healthy protein source that offers a range of health benefits. Here are some of the reasons why grilled chicken is a great addition to a healthy diet:
- High in protein: Grilled chicken is a great source of high-quality protein, which is essential for building and repairing muscle tissue, as well as for maintaining healthy hair, skin, and nails.
- Low in calories and fat: Grilled chicken is relatively low in calories and fat compared to other meat sources like beef and pork. This makes it a great choice for people looking to maintain a healthy weight or reduce their intake of saturated fat.
- Rich in nutrients: Grilled chicken is a good source of essential vitamins and minerals like vitamin B6, phosphorus, and selenium, which are important for maintaining healthy bones, immune function, and energy metabolism.
- Versatile and easy to prepare: Grilled chicken is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from salads and sandwiches to stir-fries and tacos. It’s also easy to prepare, whether you’re using an outdoor grill, a stovetop grill pan, or an indoor electric grill.
- Grilled chicken is low in saturated fat, which can contribute to high cholesterol levels and increase the risk of heart disease. It’s also a good source of lean protein, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and promote insulin sensitivity.
how to serve & store
I like to serve this vegetarian caesar salad right away when it is at its freshest!
Vegetarian Caesar Salad (gluten free)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup gluten free chicken tenders chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato fries
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese dairy free or fat free
- 2 tbsp caesar salad dressing dairy free or lite
- Bake or Air fry the chicken tenders and sweet potato fries until fully cooked and crispy.
- Cut the chicken tenders into 1” cubes.
- Add lettuce to the bowl. Top with chicken, fries, dressing and cheese.