This grated egg avocado toast recipe is made with just 4 ingredients: gluten-free bagel, avocado, hard-boiled egg, and everything bagel seasoning. It is packed with healthy fats. This recipe is high in protein. This grated egg avocado is a great way to start your day on a healthy note!
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is so easy to make. Even if you are short on time in the morning, you can whip up a batch of grated egg avocado in just a few minutes.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It is easy to make, even if you are short on time in the morning.
- This grated egg avocado has minimal ingredients.
- It is packed with healthy fats and protein.
- This grated egg avocado is easy to prep the hard-boiled eggs ahead of time.
- It is a great way to start your day with a quick and easy breakfast.
- You can customize it to your own liking by adding other toppings, such as sliced tomato, crumbled bacon, or a poached egg.
- You can also make a big batch of hard-boiled eggs ahead of time so that you can easily assemble your toast in the morning.
- If you don’t have everything bagel seasoning, you can make your own by combining sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried onion, dried garlic, and salt.
- For a little extra flavor, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the everything bagel seasoning.
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
GLUTEN FREE BAGEL
Gluten-free bagels have a similar taste to regular bagels, but they are often denser and have a slightly different texture. This is because gluten-free bagels are made with different flours, such as rice flour or almond flour.
Gluten-free bagels are a good option for people with celiac disease or gluten intolerance. They are also a good source of carbohydrates and fiber.
If you don’t have a gluten-free bagel, you can use any gluten free bread you have. If you are not gluten free you can use regular bagel or another type of bread, such as sourdough or whole wheat for this grated egg avocado.
Avocados are a good source of healthy fats, fiber, and vitamins and minerals. They have also been shown to have a number of health benefits, including reducing cholesterol levels, improving heart health, and reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes.
If you don’t have an avocado, you can use another type of spread, such as hummus on this grated egg avocado.
HARD BOILED EGG
The flavor of a hard-boiled egg can also vary depending on how long it is cooked.
Hard-boiled eggs are a good source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamins and minerals. They are also a low-calorie food.
If you do not want to make hard boiled eggs from scratch, you can buy already hardboiled eggs from the grocery store for this grated egg avocado.
HOW TO MAKE A HARDBOILED EGG
- Place the eggs in a saucepan. Do not overlap.
- Fill the pan with cold water until the eggs are covered by about an inch of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil over high heat.
- Once the water is boiling, cover the pan and remove it from the heat.
- Let the eggs stand in the hot water for 10-12 minutes, depending on how firm you like your yolks.
- After 10-12 minutes, drain the hot water and immediately run cold water over the eggs until they are cool to the touch.
- Peel the eggs and enjoy!
TASTE & TEXTURE
One of the best things about grated egg avocado is its texture. The grated egg is light and fluffy, and it melts in your mouth. The avocado adds a creamy and richness, and the everything bagel seasoning adds a salty and savory flavor.
When you bite into a piece of grated egg avocado, you are greeted with a symphony of flavors and textures. The creamy avocado coats your tongue, the fluffy grated egg melts in your mouth, and the savory everything bagel seasoning dances on your taste buds. It is truly a delightful experience.
Toast the gluten free bagel until golden brown.
Spread the mashed avocado on the toasted bagel.
Grate the hard-boiled egg over the avocado.
EXPERT TIPS & TRICKS
- For the best results, use a ripe avocado. A ripe avocado will be firm but slightly soft to the touch.
- If you’re short on time, you can use a pre-made mashed avocado or guacamole spread for the grated egg avocado.
- You can also add other toppings to your toast, such as sliced tomato or crumbled bacon.
- Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the water to help prevent the eggs from cracking.
- Don’t overcook the eggs, or the yolks will become green and dry.
- If you are not going to eat the eggs right away, store them in the refrigerator in a bowl of cold water. They will keep for up to a week.
HOW TO SERVE & STORE
To serve: Grated egg avocado can be served warm or cold. If you are serving it warm, you can toast the bagel again before adding the avocado, grated egg, and everything bagel seasoning. If you are serving it cold, you can simply assemble the toast and enjoy.
To store in the fridge: Grated egg avocado can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. To store, simply assemble the toast and place it in an airtight container. When you are ready to eat, simply remove the toast from the fridge and enjoy.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Grated Egg Avocado Toast
- 1 bagel gluten free
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 hard-boiled egg grated
- Everything bagel seasoning optional
- Toast the gluten free bagel until golden brown.
- Spread the mashed avocado on the toasted bagel.
- Grate the hard-boiled egg over the avocado.
- Sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning if using.