Craving a sweet treat that’s easy to make, kind to your body, and bursting with flavor? Look no further than these Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars! Whether you’re gluten-free, seeking more protein, or simply love delicious snacks, this recipe ticks all the boxes. Grab one whenever you need a quick and satisfying snack!
This Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe is gluten free, dairy free, vegan, and can be made nut free.
why you’ll love this recipe
- Simple and Quick: This Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars recipe comes together in a flash with just one bowl and minimal ingredients, making it perfect for busy weeknights or satisfying sweet cravings.
- Gluten-Free & Protein-Packed: Enjoy a delicious treat without the gluten! The protein powder adds a satisfying punch, keeping you fuller for longer.
- Naturally Sweetened: Ripe bananas provide sweetness without refined sugar, making it a healthier indulgence.
- Customizable Flavor: Choose your favorite protein powder and nut butter to personalize the taste.
- Optional Chocolate Chips: Add a classic touch of chocolate or leave them out for a simpler, fruit-forward flavor.
ingredients & substitutions
Protein Powder: Adds protein and flavor. Choose a flavor that goes well with chocolate, like vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter. If you don’t have protein powder use gluten free flour.
Gluten-Free Oats: Base for the bars. Make sure they’re certified gluten-free.
Nut Butter: Binds everything together and adds richness. Any nut butter works, or try sunflower seed butter or tahini.
Mashed Bananas: Sweeten the Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars naturally. Use ripe bananas for the best sweetness.
Chocolate Chips (Optional): Classic add-in for chocolate lovers. Use dairy free chocolate chips for a vegan or dairy free version. Skip them if you prefer.
taste & texture
Expect soft and chewy bars with a satisfying bite from the oats. Nut butter richness mixes with naturally sweet banana flavor. Choose your protein powder for a hint of chocolate, vanilla, or another flavor. Chocolate chips add a melty contrast if you use them.
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
Add to lined loaf pan.
Bake the Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars at 350 for 30 minutes. Add chocolate chips on top if desired.
expert tips & tricks
- For richer Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars, use dark chocolate chips.
- If you don’t have nut butter, you can substitute sunflower seed butter or tahini.
- To make the bars vegan, use a vegan protein powder and dairy-free chocolate chips.
- If you don’t have a loaf pan, you can use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The bars will be thinner and cook for a shorter amount of time, so keep an eye on them.
how to make this vegan
Opt for a vegan protein powder and dairy-free chocolate chips for vegan Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars.
how to serve, store and meal prep
Slice cooled Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars into squares or your desired size. Enjoy them warm from the oven or at room temperature. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. For longer storage, freeze individual bars in freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen bars in the fridge overnight or reheat briefly in the microwave for a warm treat.
you may also like
Gluten Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bars
- 1/4 cup protein powder or gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter or tahini
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or dairy free chocolate cips optional for topping
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Add to lined loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips on top if desired.