These vegan stuffed dates are sweet and refreshing. These treats are made with just a few simple ingredients, making them perfect for anyone, regardless of their skill level in the kitchen. They are made with dates, vegan yogurt and rainbow sprinkles. These vegan stuffed dates are gluten free, dairy free and vegan!
To make these vegan stuffed dates, simply cut open some pitted dates and stuff them with your favorite vegan yogurt. You can use any flavor of vegan yogurt you like. Once the dates are stuffed, sprinkle them with rainbow sprinkles and freeze for at least 2 hours.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- They’re easy to make: No baking required! Just a few minutes of prep time and you’re good to go.
- These vegan stuffed dates have minimal ingredients: Just dates, vegan yogurt, and sprinkles. That’s it!
- You can make them your own: Use any flavor ofvegan yogurt you like, or even add in some other toppings, such as nuts, seeds, or granola.
- They’re vegan-friendly!
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Dates have a sweet, caramel-like flavor. They are also slightly chewy and have a nutty aftertaste. Dates are a good source of fiber, potassium, and magnesium. They are also a good source of antioxidants, which can help protect the body against damage from free radicals.
f you do not have dates for this vegan stuffed dates dessert, you can substitute them with other dried fruits, such as figs, apricots, or prunes. You can also substitute them with fresh fruits, such as bananas or apples.
The taste of vegan yogurt will vary depending on the flavor you choose. Vanilla yogurt is a good choice for this recipe, as it will complement the sweetness of the dates. However, you can use any flavor of yogurt you like.
If you do not have vegan yogurt, you can substitute it with icing or vegan cream cheese.
Sprinkles are typically made of sugar and food coloring. They have a sweet, sugary taste. Sprinkles do not have any significant health benefits. However, they can be a fun and festive way to decorate food.
If you do not have sprinkles for this vegan stuffed dates dessert, you can substitute them with other toppings, such as nuts, seeds, or granola.
TASTE & TEXTURE
This vegan stuffed dates dessert is a delicious and refreshing treat that is perfect for any occasion. They have a sweet, caramel-like flavor from the dates, a creamy, tangy flavor from the vegan yogurt, and a sweet, sugary taste from the sprinkles. The texture is chewy from the dates, creamy from the vegan yogurt, and crunchy from the sprinkles.
When you bite into a birthday cake stuffed date, you first experience the chewy texture of the date. Then, you taste the sweet, caramel-like flavor of the date. As you chew, the vegan yogurt melts in your mouth and you taste the creamy, tangy flavor. Finally, you get a burst of sweetness from the sprinkles.
Cut the dates in half lengthwise.
Fill each date half with a dollop of vegan yogurt.
Sprinkle the vegan yogurt with rainbow sprinkles.
Freeze the vegan stuffed dates for at least 2 hours.
When ready to eat, enjoy the frozen dates as a snack or dessert.
EXPERT TIPS & TRICKS
- Use the softest, ripest dates you can find. This will make it easier to stuff them with vegan yogurt.
- If you don’t have rainbow sprinkles, you can use any other type of sprinkles, or even just a dusting of powdered sugar.
- If you want to make these dates ahead of time, you can freeze them for up to 2 weeks. Just thaw them overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- If you want to make a large batch of vegan stuffed dates, you can freeze them unstuffed and then stuff them just before serving.
- If you’re using a freezer-safe container, be sure to label it with the date you made the dates so you know how long they’ve been in the freezer.
- When you’re thawing the dates, be sure to do it slowly in the refrigerator so they don’t get too soft.
HOW TO MAKE THIS HEALTHIER
To make the vegan stuffed dates healthier you can use fat free yogurt to cut back on saturated fat.
HOW TO SERVE & STORE
To serve: Thaw the dates overnight in the refrigerator. Remove the dates from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
To store in the freezer: Place the dates in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze the dates for at least 2 hours. Once the dates are frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe container or bag. The vegan stuffed dates can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 months.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Wegan Stuffed Dates
- 12 pitted dates
- 1 cup vegan yogurt
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Cut the dates in half lengthwise.
- Fill each date half with a dollop of yogurt.
- Sprinkle the yogurt with rainbow sprinkles.
- Freeze the dates for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to eat, enjoy the frozen dates as a snack or dessert.